Effective Date: January 1, 2023
At Yardi, we strive to take care of our clients, take care of our employees, take care of our communities, stay focused, and grow.
We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting the personal information you share with us. We developed this Applicant Portal Information Submission Policy (the “Policy”) to inform you of how Yardi will use the information you submit through the Yardi Career Opportunities Section (the “Section”) of the Yardi website, to one of the email addresses provided in the Section, or to Yardi in any other way as part of a job application or job search process (“Application Information”).
All Application Information you submit to Yardi is collected by Yardi in the United States, as well as the jurisdiction where the contact for the position is located. Application Information may be shared with our affiliates in other jurisdictions for employment consideration purposes. This Policy is governed by United States law.
To review Yardi’s full Privacy Statement, please visit https://www.yardi.com/about-us/privacy-statement/.
If you have questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact us using the information below.
What Personal Information is collected through the application process?
Personal Information means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular Consumer or household. It does not include deidentified or aggregate information or public information lawfully available from governmental records. In the course of the job application process, we may collect the following categories of Personal Information from you for the following purposes:
Category of Personal Information
Contact information and other identifiers – such as name, postal address, phone number, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, employee ID number, or other similar identifiers.
Information from job application materials or recruiters – such as your job application, resume or CV, cover letter, writing samples, references, work history, education transcripts, whether you are subject to prior employer obligations, and information that referrers provide about you.
Professional qualifications – such as licenses, permits, memberships, and certifications.
Information from the application process – such as any phone-screens, interviews, evaluations and outcomes of recruiting exercises.
Immigration status and other information that would allow us to verify your employment eligibility.
Biographical information – such as name, gender/gender identity, pronouns, date of birth, professional history, references, language proficiencies, education details, and information you make publicly available through job search or career networking sites.
Job preferences – such as desired position and compensation, location preferences and willingness to relocate.
Employment history – such as your prior employers, how long you worked with each of your prior employers, and your prior positions.
Background check information – such as information necessary to complete background, drug/alcohol and/or other checks when permitted by law, and information received during these checks.
Information needed to understand and assess accommodation requests regarding potential disabilities or other health conditions.
Medical information if you meet with us in-person, , health symptoms, vaccination status and other screening information in connection with Yardi’s health and safety plans and protocols, including screening required to access Yardi offices/facilities and other measures designed to prevent the transmission of COVID-19 or other infectious diseases.
Audio or video footage or call monitoring.
Unique and online identifiers and information about the use of IT resources, such as IP address, browsing history, calls and emails sent or received.
Inferences drawn from personal information.
Information about related persons, such as emergency contacts.
Other information you provide to us.
Purpose of Collection
Recruiting management. Managing recruitment generally, such as:
-operating the careers website we maintain at https://careers.yardi.com/ or any other site to which this Privacy Notice is posted (“Careers Site”);
-recruiting, interviewing and evaluating job candidates;
-conducting background checks and other pre-employment screening (where permitted by law);
-analyzing and improving our application and recruitment processes;
-accommodating disabilities or health conditions;
-communicating with you regarding your candidacy, opportunities with Yardi or about the Careers Site and any changes to applicable terms or policies; and
-other business operations.
Compliance, safety and protection, such as:
-complying with or monitoring compliance with legal and other requirements, such as tax, audit, recordkeeping, reporting, verifying identity and eligibility to work, and equal opportunities monitoring requirements, where applicable;
-complying with internal policies and procedures;
-complying with lawful requests and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
-protecting our, your or others’ rights, safety and property, including by complying with applicable public health guidelines and requirements, including, without limitation, guidance from the Centers for Disease Control or other public health authorities relating to the prevention and control of COVID-19 or other infectious diseases;
-investigating and deterring against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, or conduct in violation of our policies or procedures;
-controlling access to and monitoring our physical premises (e.g., by requiring health screenings to access offices/facilities);
-pursuing legal rights and remedies, including investigating, making and defending complaints or legal claims; administering and enforcing internal policies and procedures; and
-providing information to government authorities, law enforcement, courts or private parties where we have a good-faith belief it is necessary for the foregoing purposes.
-Creating anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data that we use and disclose to analyze our application and recruitment activities, business and for other lawful business purposes. We do not to attempt to reidentify deidentified information derived from personal information, except for the purpose of testing whether our deidentification processes comply with applicable law.
To comply with applicable law, manage risk, and other legitimate business and commercial purposes, including:
-to assess your skills, qualifications and interests against our career opportunities;
-to verify your information and conduct reference checks;
-to conduct background checks if you are offered a job;
-to communicate with you and inform you of career opportunities;
-to create and submit reports as required by law or regulation;
-to improve our recruitment process;
-to fulfill Yardi’s legal obligations; and
-for legal defense purposes as necessary.
It is your responsibility to obtain consent from references before providing their personal information to us.
Submission of Application information does not establish any obligation not listed in this Policy.
If you accept employment with Yardi, Application Information will become part of your employment record and will be used for employment purposes.
Yardi conducts background checks on all employees once they have completed the application process and are offered a job at Yardi. Employment at Yardi is contingent upon the completion of a satisfactory background check. If something on your background check appears to be a reason that Yardi cannot hire you, we will notify you that we may not be able to offer you a position because of that information. We will also provide you with a copy of your background check, and we will provide you with information on the process for correcting a record.
Submitting your Application Information is voluntary. However, if you choose not to submit your Application Information, our ability to consider you as a candidate may be limited. We will ask for your consent before we obtain additional information from third party agencies, and will, where required by law, notify you of the information received from those third parties. If you wish to anonymize your submission information from our active databases, then please contact us at (800) 866-1124. Please note, however, that some Personal Information may be retained as required by law.
Sensitive personal information and protected classification characteristics
With the possible exception of “contact information,” “job preferences,” and “employment history,” all of the categories above include, or contain information from which it may be possible to infer, sensitive personal information or characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law if applicable. However, we do not use or disclose sensitive personal information in ways subject to California residents’ right to limit use or disclosure of sensitive personal information under the CCPA.
Sources of personal information
We collect personal information from you when you apply for a job and throughout the job application or recruitment process. We may also collect your personal information from other sources and combine it with the personal information you provide us. For example, we may collect your personal information from:
· Job board websites you may use to apply for a job with us;
· Prior employers that provide us with employment references;
· Professional references that you authorize us to contact;
· Pre-employment screening services, such as background check providers (where permitted by law);
· Employment agencies and recruiters;
· Your educational institutions;
· Other Yardi personnel.
This section generally describes our practices currently and during the preceding 12 months.
Disclosing personal information
We may disclose your personal information to the following parties to facilitate one or more of the purposes described above.:
· Affiliates. Our corporate parent, subsidiaries, and other affiliates under the control of our corporate parent, for purposes consistent with this Privacy Notice or to operate shared infrastructure, systems and technology.
· Service providers. Companies that provide us with services that help us manage the recruiting process and operate our business, such as job boards, recruiters, interviewing and testing, pre-employment screening, interview travel booking and expense reimbursement (where applicable), relocation (where applicable), and recruitment analytics.
· Government authorities, law enforcement and others. Government authorities, law enforcement, courts, and others for the purposes described in the Compliance, safety and protection section above.
· Business transfers. Parties (and their advisors) to transactions and potential transactions pursuant to which we sell or transfer some or all of our business or assets, including your personal information, such as a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, or in the event of bankruptcy or dissolution.
· Professional advisors. Lawyers, immigration advisors, and other outside professional advisors who require your information in the course of providing their services.
· Other parties not listed above but that are identified at or before the point at which we collect your personal information.
This section generally describes our practices currently and during the preceding 12 months. You should assume that each category of personal information we collect may be disclosed, and may have been disclosed during the preceding 12 months, to each category of other parties listed above in this section.
The criteria for deciding how long to retain personal information is generally based on whether such period is sufficient to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it as described in this Privacy Notice, including complying with our legal record retention obligations and for other Compliance, protection, and safety purposes described above. Application Information is retained in accordance with applicable law. We may also retain Application Information to consider you for other jobs for which you may be qualified.
How does Yardi keep your Personal Information secure?
Yardi is committed to protecting the security of any personal information you provide to us. Yardi uses appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security measures to protect any such information you submit. Despite these protections, no electronic transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be completely secure, so you should take appropriate precautions before deciding what information you send us in this way.
Site users who wish to correct, update, change, or erase the information they submit on this Applicant Portal should be able to go back to the applicable registration page or web form to edit their user or organization record. For additional information or problems accessing your information from such page, call us at (800) 866-1124, or contact us using our Privacy Feedback Form.
For EU applicants: If you consider that we have processed your personal data in violation of applicable law and failed to remedy such violation to your reasonable satisfaction, you may also lodge a complaint with the data protection supervisory authority in your country.
For California residents: For purposes of this Privacy Notice, “Personal Information” and “Sensitive Personal Information” have the meanings given in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (as amended from time to time, the “CCPA”).
Your California privacy rights
California residents have the rights listed below under the CCPA. However, these rights are not absolute, and in certain cases we may decline your request as permitted by law.
· Information. You can request the following information about how we have collected and used your personal information during the past 12 months:
o The categories of personal information that we have collected.
o The categories of sources from which we collected personal information.
o The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information.
o The categories of third parties to which we disclose personal information.
o The categories of personal information that we sold or disclosed for a business purpose.
o The categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold or disclosed for a business purpose.
· Access. You can request a copy of the personal information that we have collected about you.
· Deletion. You can ask us to delete the personal information that we have collected from you.
· Correction. You can ask us to correct inaccurate personal data that we have collected about you.
· Opt-out of sales or sharing of personal information. California residents can opt-out of any “sale” of their personal information or “sharing” of personal information for cross-contextual behavioral advertising as such terms are defined under the CCPA. We do not sell or share personal information of applicants in the manner restricted by the CCPA and have not done so in the preceding 12 months. The CCPA requires that we state whether we have actual knowledge that we sell or share personal information of employees under the age of 16 and we have no such actual knowledge.
· Nondiscrimination. You are entitled to exercise the rights described above free from discrimination as prohibited by the CCPA, including exercising such rights without retaliation.
You may submit requests to exercise your rights our Privacy Feedback Form. We cannot process your request if you do not provide us with sufficient detail to allow us to understand and respond to it. We may need to verify your identity to process your information/know, access, deletion, and correction requests, and we reserve the right to confirm your current California residency. We may require identity verification by requiring you to log into an online account for candidates if you have one, provide information that can help us verify your identity, provide government identification, and/or provide an affidavit under penalty of perjury.
Your authorized agent may make a request on your behalf upon our verification of the agent’s identity and our receipt of a copy of a valid power of attorney given to your authorized agent pursuant to California Probate Code Sections 4000-4465. If you have not provided your agent with such a power of attorney, you must provide your agent with written and signed permission to exercise your CCPA rights on your behalf, provide the information we request to verify your identity, and provide us with confirmation that you have given the authorized agent permission to submit the request.
California statutory categories
For each category of personal information listed above in Section 2.1 (repeated in bold below), the CCPA (Cal. Civ. Code Section 1798.140(v)(1)) requires us to identify the following statutory categories to which it corresponds:
· Contact information: Identifiers, Professional or employment-related information
· Information from job application materials or recruiters: Identifiers, Professional or employment-related information, Education information
· Professional qualifications: Identifiers, Professional or employment-related information
· Information from the application process: Identifiers, Professional or employment-related information, Education information
· Immigration status: Identifiers, Professional or employment-related information, Education information
· Biographical information: Identifiers, Professional or employment-related information, Education information
· Job preferences: Identifiers, Professional or employment-related information
· Employment history: Identifiers, Professional or employment-related information
· Background check information: Identifiers, Professional or employment-related information, Education information
· Information needed to understand and assess accommodation requests regarding potential disabilities or other health condition: Identifiers, California customer records (Medical information), Professional or employment-related information
· Medical information: Identifiers, California customer records (Medical information), Professional or employment-related information
This Privacy Notice does not address, and we are not responsible for, the practices of any third parties, which have their own rules for how they collect and use your personal information. Our links to third party websites or services are not endorsements.
Accessibility of our communications
We are committed to ensuring that our communications are accessible to people with disabilities. To make accessibility-related requests or report barriers, please contact us using the Privacy Feedback Form.
Changes to this Policy
We reserve the right to change this Privacy Notice at any time. The “Effective Date” heading at the top of this Privacy Notice indicates when it was last revised. Any changes will become effective when we post the revised notice on our Careers Site.
Apart from your obligation to provide complete and accurate information in the recruiting process, it is your responsibility to ensure that information you submit does not violate any third party’s rights.
You should keep your personal information on file with us up to date and inform us of any significant changes to it.
For more information about our privacy practices, please contact us using the Privacy Feedback Form or by using any of the methods below:
By phone at: +1 (800) 866-1124
In writing at: Attention – Privacy Manager, 430 S. Fairview, Santa Barbara, CA 93117